THE HOLIDAYS ARE UPON US AND WE’RE WHIPPING UP SOMETHING EGG-CELLENT
IT’S PROTEIN EGG NOG!
SEASONED FOR THE SEASON…
AND DRINKABLE BEYOND REASON
A HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM US TO YOU, WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN, TOO!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
SPICED PROTEIN EGG NOG
Yields: 3 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories: 108 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 6g | Net Carb: 2g 0g sugar)
Fiber: 0.5g | P/CAL: 37%
Prep Time : 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 15 mins
2 cups unsweetened almond milk
¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
3 egg yolks
2 tablespoons zero calorie sweetener (powdered)
½ teaspoon rum extract
⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large saucepan combine, almond milk, cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla extract and slowly bring mixture to a boil being sure to stir occasionally.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and sweetener until fluffy.
- Whisk in the hot milk mixture slowly into the eggs.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly for 3 minutes, or until thick. Do not allow mixture to boil. Strain to remove any unwanted egg that may have curdled. Let cool for about an hour.
- Whisk in the Quest Protein Powder®, rum extract, and nutmeg. Place in fridge to chill (about 2 hours)