Calling all peanut butter lovers! This healthy peanut buttery treat might become your new favorite #CheatClean cookie. Host Cassey Ho and special guest Taryn Southern show you how to make Peanut Butter Cookie Sandwiches that are tasty and fun to make! Recipe by Adriana Barba of the Quest R&D Team.
- Soften two Quest Protein bars briefly by microwaving them, 15 seconds or less should do.
- Roll the softened bars out into thin sheets.
- Cut the sheets into your favorite cookie shape.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for XXX
- Let the baked cookies cool.
Peanut Butter Filling:
- 2 tbsp peanut butter flavored protein powder
- 1 1/2 tsp to 2 tsp of Truvia or Xylosweet
- A pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 tsp non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp un-sweetened peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp water
Simply combine all of the filling ingredients and mix on high until uniform, 1-2 minutes should do.
- Spread the filling onto one cookie
- Take a second cookie and gently press them together to make a sandwich.
- 1 1/2 ounces (1/4 to 1/2 of a bar) of unsweetened chocolate (baking chocolate)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp of vanilla flavored protein powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Truvia or Xylosweet
- Carefully and slowly melt the unsweetened chocolate. A double boiler at medium to low heat will work. You can also use a microwave at low level and in short time periods.
- Warm up the heavy cream. It should be warm to the touch but not hot.
- Mix the warm cream and melted chocolate together until uniform.
- Add in the vanilla protein powder and Truvia and mix well.
- Before it cools too much, drizzle or coat your sandwich cookies with the chocolate coating.
Macros (makes three cookies): 150 calories. 15g protein. 5g fat. 3g active carbs.
Get your Quest Bars at http://bit.ly/1cRkK74.
You can find Cassey at https://www.youtube.com/user/
You can find Taryn at www.youtube.com/user/