Remember those classic chocolate cakes dressed with a chocolate coating and filled with a tasty cream filling?
Host Cassey Ho (Blogilates) and special guest Brittany Null (BrittBreakdown) show you how to make healthy Chocolate Q-Cakes that you will want to keep making over and over again. Now that’s the #CheatClean stuff!
- 1 Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar, broken up
- ¼ cup milk (Almond Breeze unsweetened Almond Coconut)
- 1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips (Lily’s)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek fat-free yogurt (Fage)
- ½ teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute (erythritol)
- 1/8 cup oat flour (I grind my own)
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour (Nativa)
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
Filling & Swirly topping:
- 1/3 cup low fat ricotta
- ½ serving vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar substitute
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- ¼ serving chocolate protein powder
- Pinch stevia
1. Preheat oven to 350. Microwave the Quest Bar, ¼ cup milk and chocolate chips for 1 minute. Stir until smooth.
2. In a stand mixer, add the egg whites, yogurt, sugar substitute and vanilla extract and beat on low. Spoon in the melted bar and mix on low. In a bowl, stir together the remaining dry ingredients and then add to mixer. Mix until smooth. Pour into a greased muffin dish ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. As the cakes cook, stir together the filling ingredients. Spoon into a zip lock baggie.
4. Once cakes are cooled, cut a cone shape into the top of each one, reserving the cone piece. Pipe the filling inside. Replace cone. Flip over so that the top is now the bottom.
5. Microwave the milk and chocolate chips for 40 seconds. Stir in protein powder and stevia until it’s smooth and thick. Frost each cake.
6. With remaining filling in the baggie, pipe a swirly decoration on the top of each one.
Macros per cake (makes four): 170 calories, 14g protein, 7g fat, 5g net carbs.
Brittany Null (BrittsBreakdown of The Nivenulls) is a daily vlogger / family vlogger who has two kids and is married to Austin Null.
You can follow her here:
Blogilates (Cassey Ho), is a certified fitness instructor, creator of POP Pilates, and a lover of all things healthy.
Follow her here: