A holiday table wouldn’t be complete without sweet potato casserole and we’ve made it guilt-free for you!
In this Healthy Holidays Quest Nutrition recipe, we’ve recreated the classic dish to have a great nutritional profile without losing any of it’s amazing traditional taste. Topped with a decadent pecan topping, your friends and family will be begging you to make this every holiday season!
Yields: 8 servings
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 50 min
2 medium sweet potatoes
⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder ®
¼ cup sugar-free maple syrup
2 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
½ teaspoon butter extract
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon zero-calorie sweetener
2 tablespoons crushed pecans
2 tablespoons sugar-free syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Poke several holes in each potato and wrap each in tin foil.
3. Bake for 45 minutes or until soft and tender. Remove from the oven.
4. Peel off the skin of the potatoes and place them inside a large food processor.
5. Unwrap and break up the Quest Bars® into small pieces and place into a small microwave safe bowl with the almond milk and butter. Heat for 80 seconds.
6. Stir until the bar is soft and melted. Heat longer if needed.
7. Add the melted bar to the food processor along with the Greek yogurt, Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder ®, 1/3 cup syrup, zero-calorie sweetener, butter extract and cinnamon. Pulse several times as you incorporate all of the ingredients. Don’t over-process or the potatoes will become smooth and thin. Simply pulse to achieve a mashed sweet potato consistency.
1. Heat the tablespoon of zero-calorie sweetener and cinnamon in a small saucepan over medium heat.
2. Stir in the pecans and coat. Sweetener should begin to melt and caramelize in 3-4 minutes.
3. Remove when the pecans have become candied. Sprinkle in the salt.
4. Scoop the potatoes into a medium serving dish. Sprinkle pecans on top.
5. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons syrup. Serve immediately.
Calories: 120. Protein: 9g. Fat: 5g. Net Carbs: 6g. Fiber: 5g. P/CAL: 30%.