Fewer things go together better than something sweet and tart. That’s why we’re happy to share our incredibly tangy and sweet Lemon Bars. Unlike your standard lemon bars, ours have a fraction of the sugar, have lower net carbs and won’t fill you with anything but what your body needs. Take a look at the full recipe and get ready to enjoy your newest favorite dessert!
Yields: 9 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories: 149 | Protein: 22g | Fat: 6g | Net Carb: 3g
Total Carb: 15g |
Prep Time: 25 mins | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Total Time: 2 hours
- 2 Quest Vanilla Almond Crunch Protein Bars
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup zero calorie granulated sweetener
- 1 tsp coconut flour
- Lemon pieces for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet and 6×6 inch pan with parchment paper.
- Cut the bars into small pieces and place them on the baking sheet. Bake for 4 minutes.
- Remove and let cool
- Once cool, add the pieces to a blender and blend until crumbles form.
- Add in the melted butter and mix until mixture resembles sand.
- Press into the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 4-5 minutes. Remove.
- In bowl, beat the eggs until smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice, zest and sweetener and mix until combined.
- Finally stir in the coconut flour and pour over the crust.
- Return the entire crust and mixture to the oven for 18-20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Chill in fridge for one hour before cutting into squares.