This is a guest post by Jodi Tiahrt. Jodi is a fitness, bikini, figure and sports model champion. Growing up in a small South Dakota farming community with no gyms in a 30 mile radius, she has competed in over 40 competitions with 33 first place titles. Jodi proves that anyone can get fit and healthy. You can find her on Facebook.
Believe it or not, but I used to have the flattest rear end. I’d run a lot, and while I love to run, it was burning off all my glute muscle. Now instead of running a lot, I use the step mill for my cardio routine. The steps helped to build up my back side. When I want a real challenge, I wear a 20 pound weighted vest and walk the stairs. You’ll find your heart rate beating real fast and your rear end will be on fire.
I do the below glute workout once a week where my focus is on my hamstrings and glute area. This workout is excellent for men and women and you’ll find your back side looking good in no time!
Warm up for 10-15 minutes will light cardio prior to starting.
- Lying leg curl machine 15 reps) superset with walking lunges with barbell across the gym floor, forward and back. Repeat this 3 more times.
- Deep squats on smith machine. Stand with feet shoulder width apart and squat down so your rear end almost touches the back of your calves. Don’t let knees go over your toes and find a position where your knees are comfortable. (4 sets of 15)
- 1.5 Squats. These are deep squats where you squat all the way down and come ½ way up and back down and then all the way standing up. That is one rep. (3 sets of 15)
- Leg press machine. Adjust feet so you are targeting your glutes. (4 sets of 15)
- Step ups on bench with weight or no weight. 15 each leg raising knee up with each step on the bench. (4 sets)
- Glute isolator machine. 4 sets of 15.
Try this workout once a week for the next month and let me know how you are loving your booty!!