And you thought you’d have to give up Pumpkin Pie for the holidays, silly you. If our limited edition Pumpkin Pie bar isn’t pumpkin enough for you, this Pumpkin Pie Bites recipe takes your pumpkin cravings and dials them up to 11. Best of all, these bite-sized bits of pumpkin perfection are have 5g net carbs per serving. Let’s see grandma’s recipe do that! But also, respect to grandma and her insanely good recipes — our recipe is for you!
Check out the full recipe below:
PUMPKIN PIE BITES
Yields: 12 Servings | Serving Size: 2 Pieces of Pie
Calories: 200 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 12g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 12g
Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 6-9 mins | Total Time: ~2hrs 40 mins (includes 2 hours refrigeration time)
FOR THE CRUST FOR THE FILLING FOR THE TOPPING
FOR THE CRUST
FOR THE FILLING
FOR THE TOPPING
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 7×10 inch baking pan (or similar size) with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easy removal.
- Place the crust ingredients into a food processor pulse until the beginnings of a dough form.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of the pan and bake for 6-9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool completely.
- In a heat-proof bowl, whisk together the hot water and gelatin and then set it aside.
- In another bowl, stir together the pumpkin puree, sweetener, heavy cream, protein powder, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon.
- Add the gelatin/water mixture to the pumpkin puree bowl and stir until well combined.
- Pour the filling over the crust.
- Cut the pumpkin pie bar into small pieces and then place them into a food processor or Nutribullet and pulse until fine crumbles form.
- Sprinkle the crumbles over the pumpkin filling.
- Cover and chill for at least two hours before cutting into 24 bite-sized bars.
- Use a handheld mixer to beat the heavy cream until light and fluffy.
- Add in the protein poder and mix until smooth.
- Transfer to a piping bag and pipe a dollop onto each bite.
- Top with cinnamon and enjoy!