A treat that is easy to make, healthy, and packed with flavor – Quest Cookies and Cream Coconut Bark by Jacqui at I Will Run for Chocolate! This “candy” makes a great dessert, snack or even post-workout treat.
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1 Cookies & Cream Quest Bar
Use one-half cup of coconut butter for each Quest Bar you use. I doubled my batch and used an entire cup of coconut butter for two bars. Exact measurements are not necessary – just eyeball it.
1. Chop the Quest bar into small pieces.
2. Melt the coconut butter. The easiest way I have found to melt coconut butter is to remove the lid and pop in the microwave. Start with 30 seconds and stir. It needs to be the consistency of melted chocolate – thick, but pourable.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
4. Combine the melted coconut butter with half of the cookie pieces. Pour or spoon onto the parchment paper. Top with remaining cookie pieces, pressing down so they adhere to the coconut bark.
5. Refrigerate until firm. Remove from fridge and break into pieces. Enjoy!
- You can spoon the coconut bark into little individual “candies,” rather than making a large sheet.
- Experiment with different flavored Quest Bars.
- For a Valentine’s Day treat, tint the coconut butter with a few drops of red food coloring.
Nutritionals (makes 4 pieces): Calories: 155. Fat 10g. Active Carbs: 2.3g (6.8 g fiber, 1.2g sugar) Protein 7g.
The original post HERE.
You can find more about Jacui at: