The awe you feel when you see fireworks? Have your tastebuds experience the same with a moist & flavorful Quest Nutrition Carrot Cake Roll!
This dazzling fan recipe is by Lacie C. (@wanderlust.lacie).
For the Cake:
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 50g baking stevia
- 1/8c Walden Farms maple syrup
- 24g coconut oil
- 80g unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 45g Quest Vanilla Milkshake Powder
- 80g shredded carrots
For the Filling:
- 5.3oz 0% fat Greek Yogurt
- 24g coconut oil
- 30g Quest Vanilla Milkshake Powder
- 16g Fat Free/Sugar Free Cheesecake pudding mix
•Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a jelly roll (10×15”) pan with foil and spray with cooking spray (If you don’t have a jelly roll pan, and regular 9×11 will work. Just make two separate cake rolls, or split recipe in half to make one).
• Beat eggs at high speed for until frothy. Beat in sugar, oil, and vanilla extract.
• Whisk together salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and flour. Stir into wet ingredients just until blended. Stir in carrots.
• Spread in prepared pan. Batter will be in a very thin layer and you will need to use a wooden spoon or spatula to spread it to all the corners of the pan. Bake for 9-11 minutes 12-15 minutes.
• While the cake is baking, set a clean kitchen towel out on a large work surface. As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, turn it over on the kitchen towel. Remove foil carefully.
• Working at the short end of the cake, fold the edge of the towel over the cake. Roll tightly, rolling up the cake into the towel. Let cool completely while rolled, at least one hour. While the cake is cooling, make the frosting. Beat the coconut oil and yogurt together until smooth. Beat in Protein powder and Pudding mix. If it congeals to much due to the pudding mix, add a bit of water to loosen.
• When cake is cool, carefully unroll the towel. Spread the filling on the cake evenly, and re-roll tightly.
Macros per 2 oz. slice:
Calories: 115. Protein: 9g. Fat: 5g. Carbs: 8g.