Give the heart-shaped box a #CheatClean Quest Nutrition run for its money this Valentine’s Day! This #15SecondRecipe is tasty enough to make cupid blush. Try these decadent Espresso Chocolate Truffles and be sure to save some for your V-Day date!
Yields: 8 candies
Serving Size: 1 candy
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 2 min
Total Time: 30 min
1 Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar®, crumbled
1 scoop Quest® Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
3 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 tablespoon sugar-free chocolate chips
¾ teaspoon instant espresso powder
3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
1 ½ tablespoons water
½ teaspoon coconut oil
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the almond milk, Quest Bar®, chocolate chips, and espresso powder for 45-55 seconds. Stir until smooth.
2. Add the Quest Protein Powder® and stir until you have a thick nougat.
3. Place bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes.
4. Remove and form 8 small balls with your hands and place on the wax paper. (For smoother balls, return to freezer for 10 minutes, then remove and re-roll).
1. In a small microwave-safe bowl, add the chocolate chips, water and coconut oil.
2. Microwave for 20 seconds. Stir, then microwave an additional 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth.
3. Let cool 2 minutes.
1. Coat each ball in the chocolate coating.
2. Sprinkle with more espresso powder, if desired.
3. Place back on wax paper to cool and harden.
Nutrition Info per truffle (makes 8):
Calories: 54. Protein: 6g. Fat: 2g. Net Carb: 1g (0 sugar grams). Fiber: 3g.