Each spoonful of this Quest Nutrition Ice Cream Cake will bring smile after smile. Delicious, high in protein and healthy for you! This recipe is perfect to celebrate National Ice Cream Day.
Yields: 5 servings
Serving Size: 1 parfait
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Total Time: 2 hours 50 min
- ½ scoop Quest® Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup egg whites
6 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
2 tablespoons almond flour
2 tablespoons oat flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
½ tablespoon baking powder
Nonstick cooking spray
- 6 (six-ounce) glasses
Vanilla Ice Cream
- 1½ scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1½ cups whole milk
- ¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
- ½ tablespoon sugar-free syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, add Quest Protein Powder®, almond milk, egg whites and egg. Whisk lightly.
- Add sweetener, almond flour, oat flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Whisk until smooth.
- Line an 8-by-11-inch baking pan with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes.
- Use a knife to split vanilla bean down the center and scrape out the seeds.
- In a large blender, add milk, vanilla seeds, milk, sweetener, syrup, and Quest Protein Powder®. Blend for 15 seconds.
- Refrigerate mixture in blender for 1 hour.
- Pour into an ice cream maker, and follow manufacturer’s instructions. Ice cream should be ready in 15 minutes.
- Remove ice cream and place in an airtight container. Freeze ice cream for 1 hour.
- Remove cake from pan.
- Using a 3-inch cookie cutter, cut out eight circles, and set aside. Form remaining cake pieces into two additional circles.
- Place 1 cake circle into the bottom of each glass.
- Take half of the ice cream, and divide evenly over the five cake layers.
- Place the remaining cake circles over ice cream.
- Spoon remaining ice cream into each glass. Smooth tops, and serve.
Net Carb: 7g (4 sugar grams)
Total Carb: 32g