Power up your popcorn and hit play with this Fan Recipe of the Week by @corinanielsen! The taste is pure #EnjoyMINT.
*slight changes were made from the original recipe which you can find at http://corinanielsen.com/livefit/*
1/2 Mint Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar
1/2 tablespoon Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 tablespoons Walden Farm’s Chocolate Sauce
2-3 drops mint extract
1 1/2 scoops of Quest Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder (Use two scoops if more protein is desired)
1/4 cup popcorn kernels
3/4 teaspoons coconut oil
1/2 tablespoon Andes Mint Chocolate candies
1. Begin mint chocolate popcorn topping by breaking Quest Bar into small pieces (roughly 1/4″ in size) and placing them on a baking sheet. Carefully broil on high for 2-3 minutes until slightly toasted and firm to the touch **DO NOT WALK AWAY**. These will go from perfect to burnt very quickly while broiling. Remove from oven and let cool 3-5 minutes. They should be somewhat crunchy. Place in a mini food processor and pulse for 15-20 seconds. Set aside.
2. Add chocolate chips, Walden Farms chocolate sauce, extract, and 1/2 tsp of coconut oil in a small bowl. Heat in microwave for 20 second increments (stir between each) until completely melted and smooth. Slowly stir in protein powder. Mixture will be very thick.
3. Place popcorn kernels in a lunch sized brown paper bag with remaining 1/2 tsp of melted coconut oil. Shake in bag 15-20 seconds to ensure kernels are coated with oil. Fold top edges down 3-4 times. Heat in microwave on high for 2-2 1/2 minutes. 2 minutes and 10 seconds popped mine perfectly.
4. Remove from microwave and pour into a large bowl. Using your hands, work chocolate protein mixture onto popcorn as carefully as you can ensuring you do not crush popcorn. Sprinkle with reserved crushed Quest Bar and toss to coat popcorn.
5. Add chopped Andes mint chocolates if desired. Serve immediately.
Macros per serving (makes two): Calories: 140, 3.5g fat, 7g net carbs, 13g protein.
If you’d like to submit your recipe for a potential feature, email your recipe to us at [email protected] with images, ingredients, directions, and macros of your recipe.