Once upon a fall time, pumpkin bread met cream cheese icing. And they lived happily ever after.
Add this Quest Nutrition recipe with 11g of protein per serving to your fall tale.
Yields: 14 servings
Serving Size: 1 slice
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
Total Time: 1 hr 20 min
- 4 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- ½ cup apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 scoop Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- ¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a medium bowl, add Quest Protein Powder™, almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin-pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, mix pumpkin purée, applesauce, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and whisk until completely combined.
- Coat a 9-by-5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into pan and bake on a low rack for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool.
Cream Cheese Icing
- In a medium bowl, add Quest Protein Powder™, cream cheese, sweetener, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Whisk until completely combined.
- Spread the icing evenly onto the cooled pumpkin loaf. Cut into fourteen equal slices, and serve.
Net Carb: 4g (sugar gram)
Total Carb: 6g