Call a healthy gameday audible with these Quest Boneless Wings! This #CheatClean Fan Recipe of the Week from @LowCalorieCooking is the perfect dish for a winning Super Bowl spread! Give them a try!
- One medium to large chicken breast (7-8 oz trimmed)
- One Quest Sea Salt Protein Chips
- 1/8 cup fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Trim excess fat off of one medium to large chicken breast (7-8oz trimmed).
3. Cut into about 12 nugget sized pieces.
4. Transfer chicken pieces into a small bowl, and add 1tbsp of your favorite hot sauce and set aside.
1. In a blender add one bag of Quest Sea Salt Protein Chips and 1/8 cup (14 grams) shredded fat free mozzarella cheese.
2. Use the pulsing mechanism on your blender crush you chips and cheese into a fine crunchy consistency and transfer to a shallow dish.
3. In a shallow dish pour 1 Tbsp white whole wheat flour.
4. Now in another shallow dish crack 2 egg whites or (70g) egg substitute.
The breading process:
1. With your LEFT HAND, coat each boneless wing piece in flour.
2. Then give them an egg white bath.
3. Finally drop them into your Quest Protein Chip mix and with your RIGHT HAND roll and press your boneless wings into the Quest Chip mix.
4. Transfer breaded wings to a baking sheet sprayed with buttered flavored non-stick baking spray and give your wings a quick spray as well.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes and flip them halfway through (20 minute mark) when you turn them give them a quick spray with your buttered flavored baking spray.
6. Cool your boneless wings on a paper towel for 2-5 minutes, this will help remove excess moisture and keep them crispy.
7. Dip them in the sauce of your choice one at a time and serve!
Macros per 6 boneless wings (makes 12): 217 calories. Fat: 2.5g. Carbs: 7.5g. Protein: 40g.