Cancel your plans and pre-heat the oven because this Fan Recipe of the Week is taking over! Big thanks to Monica Nelson for coming up with an epic #CheatClean recipe for Quest Sweet Potato Brownie Bites!
At only 144 calories, this recipe takes brownies off the naughty list and gives them a new home in your kitchen.
Note: There were some changes made from the original recipe.
- 1 sweet potato – medium size, could use pumpkin instead too
- 1/4 of a banana, ripe
- 3 organic eggs at room temp, whisked
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbs of coconut flour, could use other flours too
- 3 tbs of coconut sugar, or Stevia or sweetener of choice
- 2 scoops of Quest Chocolate Protein Powder
- 3 tbs of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- a pinch of Pumpkin Spice or Nutmeg if you want
- 3 tbs of mini chocolate chips for the top
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: whipped cream, vanilla bean ice cream, or walnuts or pecans
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and use a knife or a fork to puncture before baking it for 25-30 minutes.
- Once your sweet potato is cooked all the way through, peel the skin and mash it up in a bowl. Now add the banana and mash again. Turn your oven down to 350 F.
- In a med bowl – mix the wet; vanilla, eggs, and coconut oil. Mix together well with the sweet potato/ banana mixture. Next mix all the dry in a med bowl; coconut sugar (or Stevia), coconut flour, protein powder, cocoa powder, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, and if using – a dash of pumpkin spice and/or nutmeg. Add to the wet. Mix together very well. TIP: You can’t really over mix these since they are gluten-free by using the coconut flour.
- Grease an 8×8 baking dish with coconut oil (or spray) and pour in the mixture. Now sprinkle the mini chocolate chips (or other toppings) evenly on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean from the the middle.
- Let it cool. If you want you can add a dollop of fresh whipped cream and a dash of cinnamon. Any toppings you want or plain is also just so good. Enjoy! Store in the fridge or freezer is best.
Macros per serving w/o topping (creates 6-8):
144 calories. 9.5g protein. 7g fat. 8.5g net carbs.
You can find Monica Nelson at: