There’s no finer smell than an apple pie baking in the oven. We say, ditch the pie, make the whole apple the dang pie! These baked apples are a fun activity for the whole family and we’re pretty sure they’ll all enjoy the end result. Take a look at the full recipe below and bake some fall smells into your home.
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1/2 apple
Calories: 100 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 4g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 12g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: ~45 mins | Total Time: ~ 1hr 10 mins (includes cooling time)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prepare a baking dish with non-stick spray
- Use a melon Baller to scoop out the centers of the apple, leaving about a half inch from the edge.
- Cut the Quest bar into small pea-sized pieces and place them into a bowl with the almond flour, protein powder, oats, zero cal sweetener, and cinnamon.
- Add in the melted butter and stir until a crumble forms.
- Fill the apple centers with the crumble.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes.
- Remove and let cool
- Top with a dollop of your favorite low-cal ice cream and dig in!