Aaaaaaand were back at it again with another Questified recipe! This the one you’ve been waiting for. At the end of every month we’ll be creating an epic recipe-‘splosion that features all the recipes from the past few weeks. The amount of awesomeness is only matched by the amount of protein in this flavorganza! The whole point of this recipe is to take it to the next level and then top that next level by creating the next, NEXT level. One look at this mountain of yum and I’m guessing you catch my drift.
Imagine all of your wildest dreams combined into one and then topped off with even wilder dreams. I’m talking stacks on stacks on stacks of protein. Want all the deliciously delectable details? I feel like I’d be talking dirty if these ingredients weren’t so clean: I got the HUGE maple bacon donut, split it in half, topped it with the protein cookieinception, protein ice cream, chocolate protein spread, protein churros, MORE chocolate protein spread, ANOTHER ONE of the cookieinceptions, and finished it off with a bacon donut bun. I’ll let your brain catch up before I continue…
If you were looking for the perfect post workout meal to fuel your muscles (and the muscles of your entire fit fam), look no further.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (VANILLA ICE CREAM RECIPE)
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 Scoop
Calories: 103 | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g | Net Carb: 8g
Fiber: 0g | Total Carb: 8g | P/CAL: 43%
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3 hours
2 cupS 2% milk
½ vanilla bean pod
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
1 egg yolk
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice cubes and some water. Place another, smaller bowl on top of the water, and place a strainer inside. Keep this close by while you make the ice cream base.
- In a mini blender process the sweetener into a powder. Separate the yolk from the egg. Combine the yolks and the sweetener in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and mixture resembles a pale lemon-yellow color.
- In a small pot, add milk with the vanilla (pod and seeds) and bring to a simmer.
- Remove simmered milk from stove and slowly pour about ¼ cup into the egg-sweetener mixture while whisking. This warms the eggs and prevents them from curdling in the next step.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into pot and heat on low-medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent yolk from scrambling.
- Cook until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of the spatula and registers 170°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Strain the ice cream base into the bowl of the ice water bath which will remove the vanilla pod and any bits of egg that may have accidentally curdled.
- Leave the ice cream base over the ice water bath, stirring occasionally, until it’s completely chilled. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, whisk in the Quest® Protein Powder and pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and let churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an air tight container, covering the top with parchment to ensure no ice crystals form on top, and freeze for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve immediately.
To Complete the EPIC Churro Donut Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich, you’ll need the following recipes:
Get the Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe Here:
Get the Chocolate-Dipped PROTEIN Churro Recipe Here:
Get the Maple Bacon Donut Recipe Here: