You probably have some people in your family who have no idea about how delicious protein desserts can be — so why not fix that problem and serve up this Protein Coffee Cake? It’s a double bonus — you get your protein, they think they’re eating sinful sweets, and everyone is merry. Watch the video and get the full recipe below!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
PROTEIN COFFEE CAKE
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1slice
Calories: 190 | Protein: 19g | Fat: 8g | Net Carb: 10g 0g sugar)
Fiber: 4g | P/CAL: 40% | Total Carbs: 14g
Prep Time : 25 min | Cook Time: 1hr 5 min | Total Time: 1hr 50mins
3 scoops Quest® Vanilla Protein Powder
½ cup oat flour
½ cup almond flour
½ cup fat-free greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ cup zero-calorie sweetener
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 scoop Quest® Vanilla Protein Powder
4 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
1 tablespoon water
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a mini blender, blend the Beyond Cereal Bars™ into a fine powder.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Beyond Cereal Bar™ powder, Quest Protein Powder™, oat flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and zero-calorie sweetener.
- Add greek yogurt, almond milk, apple sauce and vanilla extract. Mix till batter is fully combined.
- Spray a 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray. Pour batter into base of pan and spread evenly. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add Quest Protein Powder™, sweetener and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt butter in five second intervals.
- Add melted butter and water to dry mix, and mix with a fork until crumbles form.
- Sprinkle crumbs over cake batter.
- Place in oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove and cover with foil and bake for an additional 35 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.