Maybe it’s just me, but Chicken & Waffles are the best meal combo of all time — don’t @ me. Thankfully, at Quest, we’re happy to agree with my personal preference for meals that fit into three categories: breakfast/lunch/dinner. With savory, crispy chicken and fluffy and crispy waffles, you’re in for a flavor explosion. Topped with your favorite sugar free or naughty maple syrup, we’re pretty sure you’ll leave only a few crumbs on the plate. Take a look at the full recipe and get cooking!
QUESTIFIED CHICKEN & WAFFLES
Yields: 3 Servings | Serving Size: 1 6oz chicken tender + 1 waffle
Calories: 230 | Protein: 38g | Fat: 6g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 6g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 12-18 minutes (depending on frying method) | Total Time: ~ 30 minutes
- For the waffles: In a bowl, stir together the protein powder, oat flour, baking powder and salt until combined.
- Add in the milk and egg and mix until a batter forms.
- Cook waffles in preheated waffle iron with non-stick spray. (Recipe makes 3 toaster-sized waffles)
- For the chicken: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F or an air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with tin-foil and nonstick spray.
- Crush the chips into small pieces and place them into a bowl with the paprika, garlic powder and salt.
- Spray each chicken tender with non-stick spray and then dip in the chip mixture until completely coated.
- Repeat until you have all the chicken covered.
- Place the crusted chicken on the baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- If using the airfryer, place them directly into the basked and cook for 12-14 minutes.
- Serve with waffles!