THIS IS THE ROCKY ROAD QUEST BAR AND IT HAS MAGICAL TASTE POWERS.
TO CELEBRATE, WE’VE WHIPPED UP SOMETHING SUPERNATURAL TO SATISFY YOUR SWEET TOOTH.
THE FLAVOR IS SO SCARY GOOD, IT’S ON ANOTHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE
DON’T WAIT, DIG IN BEFORE THIS CAKE DISAPPEARS LIKE BARB.
SLIP INTO ANOTHER DIMENSION OF CLEAN EATING WITH THE FULL RECIPE:
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
UPSIDE DOWN ICE CREAM CAKE
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 175 | Protein: 15g | Fat: 8g | Net Carb: 8g (1g sugar)
Fiber: 5g | P/CAL: 35%
Prep Time : 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3hrs
CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
1 Rocky Road Quest Bar®
¾ cup whole milk
½ unsweetened almond milk
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
1 tablespoon Lily’s Baking Chips
Pinch of salt
PROTEIN MARSHMALLOW TOPPING
3 tablespoons pasteurized egg whites
1 tablespoon zero-calorie sweetener, powder
½ cups almond milk
½ cups egg whites
6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
6 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
¼ cup almond flour
¼ cup oat flour
1½ tablespoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ scoop powdered zero calorie sweetener
3 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons orange food coloring
2 tablespoon walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add Quest Protein Powder®, almond milk, egg whites, eggs, cocoa powder, sweetener, almond flour, oat flour, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Line the bottom of 6-inch diameter cake pan with parchment paper.
- Lightly coat parchment paper with cooking spray.
- Pour batter into cake pans.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, add egg whites and using a hand mixer, mix until soft peaks form.
- Add in Quest Protein Powder™ and sweetener and continue mixing until stiff peaks form.
- Add to a piping bag and pipe dollops onto a baking sheet with parchment and place in freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 350°
- Unwrap Quest Bar™ and crumble onto a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once cooled add to mini-blender and process to fine powder.
- To mini-blender, add Quest Protein Powder™, milk, almond milk, sweetener, and cocoa powder.
- Pour into ice cream maker, and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- Then add in chocolate chips, walnuts and marshmallow toppings.
- Ice cream should be ready within 15 minutes.
- Pour ice cream into a 6 inch round pan lined with plastic wrap
- Cover ice cream with another layer of plastic wrap
- Freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Mix all frosting ingredients together until smooth
- Cut cake in half and remove the top
- Place the ice cream on top the bottom layer
- Place the other half of cake onto the top of the ice cream
- Frost the top of the cake with the frosting and push some of the edges to allow to drip down
- Sprinkle with the walnuts and serve immediately