NUTRITIONAL INFO (CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE PIZZA A LA MODE)
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 pizza cookie
Calories: 214 | Protein: 18g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 8g
Fiber: 6g | Total Carb: 15g | P/CAL: 35%
Prep Time: 1 hour | Cook Time: 8 min | Total Time: 4 hours 15 min
VANILLA ICE CREAM
1½ scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
1 egg yolk
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 vanilla bean pod
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
3 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup zero-calorie sweetener
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon water
½ cup oat flour
3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate chips
- Place a strainer inside a medium bowl. Keep this close by while you make the ice cream base.
- In a mini-blender, process the sweetener into powder.
- Combine the yolk and sweetener in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and pale yellow in color.
- In a small pot, add milk, almond milk, and vanilla (pod and seeds), and bring to a simmer.
- Remove from stove and slowly pour ¼ cup into the egg-sweetener mixture while whisking. This warms the eggs and prevents them from curdling in the next step.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into pot and heat on low-medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent yolk from scrambling.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Quest Protein Powder™. Whisk until smooth.
- Strain the ice cream base into the bowl which will remove the vanilla pod and any bits of egg that may have accidentally curdled.
- Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an air tight container with a lid, and freeze for 2-3 hours, or until firm.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a mini-blender, add Quest Bar® and blend into a powder.
- Add to a bowl with the butter and sweetener. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla, baking soda, salt and water.
- Stir in oat flour, Quest Protein Powder™, and chocolate chips.
- Coat four (6-inch) skillets with cooking spray and divide cookie dough onto each. Press into skillet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Once ice cream is ready, top two scoops of ice cream onto each freshly-baked cookie pizza.
- Serve immediately.