You know how when you’re at the carnival and you smell the unmistakable aroma of funnel cake, and you’re all, “It smells so good, but I can’t eat that!”? Us too. This recipe solves that problem and takes your tastebuds on a flavor thrill ride.
NO RIDE IS COMPLETE WITHOUT A LOOP DE LOOP
It’s okay if you’re flipping like this soon-to-be funnel cake.
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST THIS HUNGRY TO RIDE THIS RIDE
Because the flavor might be too good for some people.
AND LIKE EVERY THRILL RIDE, ENJOY IT WHILE IT LASTS
You can always hop back in line and make another one!
NOW IT’S YOUR TURN TO MAKE THIS FUNNEL OF LOVE!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
PROTEIN FUNNEL CAKE
Yields: 8 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 of a funnel cake
Calories: 249 | Protein: 14g | Fat: 17g | Net Carb: 8g (1g sugar)
Fiber: 5g | Total Carb: 13g | P/CAL: 21%
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 20 min
2 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
2 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar
¼ cup oat flour
¼ cup almond flour
¾ cup almond milk
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup sliced strawberries
- Crumble Quest Bar® into small pieces then set aside.
- Heat a shallow pan with coconut oil until it reaches 350°F.
- In a mini blender, combine Quest Protein Powder®, oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, almond milk, egg, and salt, and blend until smooth.
- Put mixture into piping bag and cut the end of the tip creating about a ¼ of an inch diameter hole.
- Pipe in half the bag into the pan with hot oil and let cook until golden brown (about 1 minute) then flip. Once golden brown place funnel cake onto a plate lined with a paper towel to drain.
- Top each funnel cake with ½ cup each of sliced strawberries and cookie dough bits.