Do we have your attention yet?
These charming Double Chocolate Frosting Cookies by @proteincakery has 11g of protein per cookie. Did we say double chocolate? Just thought we should mention it again. 😉
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 32 mins
- 1 cup Quest Protein Powder (chocolate or multi-purpose) (84g)
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (optional if using chocolate powder) (11g)
- ¼ cup coconut flour (28g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5ml)
- two pinches of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (12g)
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted (56g or 60ml)
- ⅓ cup almond-coconut milk (80ml)
- ½ cup Quest Protein Powder (chocolate or multi-purpose) (42g)
- 1 avocado (about 1 cup, 150g)
- 2 – 3 tablespoons cacao powder (2 if using chocolate powder, 3 if using multi-purpose) (11g)
- 1 tablespoon date sugar (9g)
1. Preheat oven to 325F (163C).
2. Combine all the dry ingredients: protein powder, cacao, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, erythritol.
3. Mix in the coconut oil and almond-coconut milk. You may need to use your hands to be sure the dough is well combined.
4. Roll the dough on parchment paper, and cut 20 circular cookies using a cookie cutter. Or, roll the dough into 20 balls, and flatten each in your hand.
5. Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes until firm.
6. Remove cookies from oven, and let cool.
7. Meanwhile, place frosting ingredients in a blender or food processor. Process until smooth.
8. Make cookie sandwiches by spooning frosting between two cookies.
9. Enjoy! Store extras in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Info Per Cookie (Yields: 10):
Calories: 140. Net carbs: 3g. Fat: 8g. Protein: 11g.
You can find Andrea at: