A Quest Pasta Burger…say what!? In honor of National Pasta Day, here’s a #CheatClean version of the trendy street food using Quest Pasta. Recipe by Hanna Skytta.
Note: The only challenge with making a ramen burger out of Quest Pasta is the pasta doesn’t contain starch. it won’t make a burger without addition of some starch into the mixture. So even though you would not normally put corn starch or coconut flour into ramen burgers, in this case it is a must.
1. Cook the Quest Pasta according to the instructions in the package.
2. Let cool slightly and pat dry with clean kitchen towel.
3. Meanwhile, mix together corn starch and coconut flour and spices of your choice in a medium bowl.
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and mix so that the yolk and whites get combined. Set aside.
4. Once the noodles have cooled, cut them bit shorter (you can leave the noodles whole, however, it is easier to eat the hamburgers if you pre-cut them a bit) and add them to flour-spice mixture and gently mix until completely combined.
5. To form the buns line any small round-bottomed dish with plastic food wrap. I used small disposable baking tins, but coffee cups or bowls without much taper also work well.
6. Line the containers with plastic food wrap and scoop in 1/4 of noodles, then pour some eggs mixture over, fold the plastic wrap over the noodles. Put a weight (a glass jar or something) on top of them to weigh them down. The added weight from the jar will compress the noodles and help them keep a puck-like shape.
7. Place the noodles with theirs weights into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Add a little bit of coconut oil on frying pan and heat up. Then invert your noodle container into the frying pan. Let noodles cook for about 2 minutes and then carefully flip with a spatula.
8. Allow your noodles to cook the egg completely and get a nice golden brown colour.
It is a little bit tricky to get eel-shaped noodle burgers, as they break apart easily. But practise with patience and your will get finally nice-shaped burgers <3
9. Fill with your favorite fillings like organic beef burger, avocado, lettuce, tomato and hamburger sauce.
Macros per serving (Quest Burger only, does not include fillings or beef):
At the Quest blog we’ve looked into it and found that the three words that sound best together in the entire English language are “chocolate cream pie”. Now we can’t exactly prove this, so what we suggest is this: prepare the following recipe for a Questified Chocolate Cream Pie, then […]
When we heard they were developing a pumpkin pie recipe over in the Quest test kitchen we burst through the door and asked, “Why are you trying to improve on a classic?” Without looking up they answered, “That’s literally our job. What do you think we do in here all […]
We got pretty excited when the big brains over in the Quest test kitchen summoned us over to try one of their new seasonal recipes. We got pretty disappointed when we got there. “Just try it,” they said. You know where this is going. The Questified green bean casserole using […]