Happy National Carrot Cake day!
QUEST NUTRITION CARROT CAKE JARS
Yields: 12 servings
Serving Size: 4 ounces
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 45 min
½ cup almond meal
⅓ cup zero-calorie sweetener
1 teaspoon baking powder
¾ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup carrot, finely shredded
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 egg whites
¼ cup carrot purée or jarred baby food
¼ cup crushed pineapple, drained
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoon walnuts, finely chopped
Nonstick cooking spray
8 ounces fat-free cream cheese, softened
½ cup powdered zero-calorie sweetener
¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tablespoons walnuts, finely chopped
12 (4-oz) jars/cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break Quest Bars® into small pieces. Place on a nonstick baking sheet, and bake for 6 minutes, or until golden. Remove to cool.
- In a mini blender, process the cooled Quest Bar® pieces to a powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the Quest Bar® powder, Quest Protein Powder™, almond meal, sweetener, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, allspice, and nutmeg.
- Add in the carrots, almond milk, egg whites, egg, carrot purée, and coconut oil, and stir until incorporated.
- Fold in the walnuts.
- Spray an 11-by-17-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Using two cookie cutters (the dimensions of the cup’s base and middle) cut 12 base circles and 12 middle circles.
- Using a mixer, combine the Quest Protein Powder™, cream cheese, sweetener, vanilla extract, and salt, and mix until a frosting consistency is achieved.
- Line up the jars.
- Press one small circle, into the bottom of the jar. Pipe or spoon 1 heaping tablespoon of frosting on top. Place second cake layer down. Top with 1 heaping tablespoon frosting.
- Dust tops with walnuts. Do not fill to top.
- Place lid on jar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Net Carbs: 7g