Alas, healthy Cinnamon Twists exists! Treat yourself to this classic delight recreated with #CheatClean goodness!
Thank you to @f00dventures for this mouth-watering Quest Cinnamon Twists Fan Recipe of the Week that is easy to make and perfect anytime of the day.
– 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
– 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 2 tablespoons date caramel (refer to pg 6 for recipe) + cinnamon
-1/2 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
– Coconut sugar
– Chocolate sauce: baking cocoa + water + sweetener or melted chocolate
– Vanilla icing: 1/2 scoop Quest Vanilla Protein Powder + water
1) Combine first 6 ingredients and mix well until a dough forms.
2) Separate dough into 2 equal pieces. Using a rolling pin or even a drinking glass roll out both doughs into rectangles. Make sure they are both the same length and width.
3) Mix with the date caramel with protein powder until smooth and creamy. On one of the rectangles spread some date caramel and cinnamon.
4) Place the other rectangle of dough on top of the piece with the cinnamon date caramel mixture. Cut dough into thin strips. Carefully twist the strips and place on a large plate.
5) Microwave 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Sprinkle with coconut sugar. Dip in chocolate sauce (baking cocoa + water + sweetener), melted chocolate, or a vanilla icing (quest protein powder + water) and enjoy!
Nutrition Info Per Serving (Yields 4): 245 cal, 4g fat, 9g net carbs, protein 9g.
You can find Kirsten at: