Simple, elegant, and finishes on a high note. Cassey Ho and special guest YouTube singing sensation Jason Chen show you how to make a delectable #CheatClean Strawberry Danish Twist that will have you singing for more!
Macros (makes one twist): 180 calories. 22g protein. 5g fat. 10g net carbs.
Recipe by Dr. Sara Solomon at http://www.drsarasolomon.com/.
1. Preheat your oven to 400 °F.
2. Place 1 Strawberry Cheesecake Quest Bar into a bowl lined with plastic wrap. Microwave for 15 seconds. I recommend using plastic wrap so the Quest Bar doesn’t stick to the bowl.
3. While you’re waiting, place a Silpat mat on a cookie sheet and spray with non-stick cooking spray. (PAM). Set this aside for later.
4. Next, place the Quest Bar between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap. Use a rolling pin to flatten the Quest Bar into a thin rectangle shape.
5. Use a knife to cut rectangular “wings” along the sides of the dough (refer to the photo). I recommend you keep the dough sandwiched between the plastic wrap when cutting the “wings” because it’s less sticky and less messy.
6. Carefully transfer this to the cookie sheet.
7. Next, make the strawberry cheesecake sauce by mixing the following in a small bowl:
• 1 tsp low fat cottage cheese
• 1 tsp Walden Farms Calorie Free/Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup
8. Spoon the strawberry cheesecake sauce into the center of the dough. Top with . cup of freshly cut strawberries.
9. Start crossing the “wings” over each other so they join and are slightly braided.
10. Bake for 6-7 minutes. ENJOY!