WHEN YOU FIRST LAY EYES UPON THE ROCKY ROAD PIZZA COOKIE, YOU’LL PROBABLY DO THIS:
THE JAW DROPS AT FIRST WITH THE MIXING…
…AND CONTINUES WITH THE BAKING.
BY NOW, YOU’RE DROOLING. WE KNOW…
…SO DIG IN!
GRAB A TOWEL, WIPE YOUR CHIN AND CHECK OUT THE FULL VIDEO AND RECIPE BELOW!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
ROCKY ROAD PIZZA COOKIE
Yields: 4 pizza cookies | Serving Size: 1/2 pizza cookie
Calories: 274 | Protein: 19g | Fat: 13g | Net Carb: 16g (2g sugar)
Fiber: 6g | P/CAL: 27%
Prep Time : 1 Hour | Cook Time: 8 min | Total Time: 4 hours 15 mins
VANILLA ICE CREAM
1 ½ scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
1 cup 2% milk
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 vanilla bean pod
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener, powdered
1 egg yolk
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE
½ cup zero-calorie sweetener
4 tablespoons butter, softened
3 tablespoons almonds, chopped
2 ½ tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon hot water
¾ cup oat flour
- Prepare a medium bowl and place a strainer inside. Keep this close by while you make the ice cream base.
- In a mini blender process the sweetener into a powder. Separate the yolk from the egg. Combine the yolk and the sweetener in a medium-mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and mixture resembles a pale lemon-yellow color.
- In a small pot, add milk with the vanilla (pod and seeds) and bring to a simmer.
- Remove simmered milk from stove and slowly pour about ¼ cup into the egg-sweetener mixture while whisking. This warms the eggs and prevents them from curdling in the next step.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into pot and heat on low-medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent yolk from scrambling.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the Quest® Protein Powder. Whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Strain the ice cream base into the bowl, which will remove the vanilla pod and any bits of egg that may have accidentally curdled.
- Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and let churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an airtight container, covering the top of the ice cream with parchment or plastic wrap to ensure no ice crystals form on top, and freeze for about 2-3 hours.
ROCKY ROAD COOKIE
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Blend Quest Bar® into a powder.
- Cream together the butter, sweetener, and powdered Quest Bar® until smooth.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the vanilla, baking soda, salt and water.
- Stir in oat flour, Quest® Protein Powder, almonds and sugar free chocolate chips.
- Spray four 6-inch skillets with baking spray. Divide cookie dough mixture equally into four. Press mixture into skillets.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes.
- Once ice cream is ready, scoop two scoops of ice cream onto each freshly baked cookie pizza.
- Serve immediately.