There’s just something about citrus in the summer that makes the days taste a little bit sweeter. We kept that in mind with this newest recipe, which combines something we know very well (bars) with a flavor profile you have yet to see from us (orange). So add a little refreshing, sweet variety to your summer snacking with these incredibly delicious Orange Cream Bars.
Check out the full recipe below
ORANGE CREAM BARS
Yields: 16 servings | Serving Size: 1 bar
Calories: 128 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Net Carb: 4g
Total Carb: 8g | Sugar: 1g
Prep Time: 25 minutes | Chill Time : 1 hour | Total Time: ~ 1 hour, 30 minutes
ORANGE CREAM BARS
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup cold butter, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and prepare a 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- Also prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop the Quest bar into small pieces and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes, remove and let cool.
- Place the crust ingredients into a food processor and blend until small crumbles form.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the prepared pan and use the bottom of a glass to pack them down to form a crust.
- Bake the crust for 6-8 minutes and golden brown. Let cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the juice, zest, yogurt, sweetener, heavy cream and protein powder until well combined using a handheld mixer.
- Add in the gelatin and mix until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and use a rubber spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Place the baked and cooled Quest bar pieces into a food processor until small crumbles form and sprinkle them over the filling.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before cutting into 16 bars and serving.