Have you ever noticed that even when you don’t think you want a whoopie pie, as soon as you see those two cookies with soft, sweet & fluffy cream in between, your stomach makes room for them? Thankfully for you, this recipe allows you to decide when you have these little sweet treats in your home. Check out the full recipe below and gasp at the amount of protein per one of these cookies.
CHOCOLATE CARAMEL WHOOPIE PIES
Yields: 6 Servings | Serving Size: 1 Whoopie pie
Calories: 150 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 10g
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 8 mins | Total Time: ~30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with the parchment paper and then set it aside.
- Chop the Hero Bars into small pieces and place them into a food processor or nutribullet and blend until small crumbles form.
- Add in 1 scoop of the protein powder, almond milk and cocoa powder and continue blending until combined.
- Separate the mixture into 12 evenly sized balls, place them on the baking sheet and then press them flat.
- Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes and then let them cool completely.
- Use a handheld mixer to beat the heavy cream until fluffy.
- Add in the protein powder and continue mixing until combined and then transfer the whipped cream to a piping bag and pipe into filling onto 6 of the cookies.
- Top with remaining cookies to make a whoopie pie and serve.