“Just like how Aunt Mae makes it”
Working at Quest you get to sample all kinds of cool protein desserts — cookies, brownies, muffins, chicken and lots of chocolate — but very rarely do any of us get to try protein ice cream. And since global warming is in full effect, it couldn’t come at a better time. Take a look:
Here’s how to make some ice cream and chill:
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP CRUSTED CHICKEN
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 2 Scoops
Calories: 214 | Protein: 18g | Fat: 7g | Net Carb: 14g (6g sugar)
Fiber: 9g | P/CAL: 34%
Prep Time : 10 min | Cook Time: 0 min | Total Time: 3hr 10min
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 oz reduced fat cream cheese (softened)
¾ cup powdered zero-calorie sweetener
2 tablespoons sugar free cream cheese pudding mix
¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl mix together ½ cup of the powdered sweetener, almond milk, Quest® Protein Powder, softened cream cheese and pudding mix. Add in ½ cup of fresh blueberries.
- Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and let churn for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an air tight container, covering the top with parchment to ensure no ice crystals form on top, and freeze for about 3-4 hours.
- In a mini blender, blend Quest Bars® into a fine crumb.
- Lay crumbs out on a baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 4 minutes. Let cool
- In a mini blender blend the remaining blueberries and sweetener.
- Top ice cream with drizzle of blueberry sauce and Quest Bars® crumbs.
- Serve immediately.