CALLING all peanut butter, chocolate, & brownie lovers! These three wonderful things come together to form a Quest Nutrition recipe that will rock your world.
Recipe by Monica Nelson @monimealfitness.
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter, or can also use crunchy almond butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar, or sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder, or carob powder
- 1 scoop of Quest Protein Powder, Chocolate Milkshake Flavor. Add another scoop if you want more protein.
- 1 tablespoon of coconut flour, or can use flour of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus more to sprinkle on top if desired
- 3 tablespoons of chocolate chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the nut butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup, coconut oil, egg and vanilla. When the liquid is well mixed, stir in the cocoa powder, 1 scoop of Quest Protein Powder, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt, and chocolate chips if using. Pour the batter into a parchment-lined or coconut-oiled 9×9-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkled a pinch of sea salt over the top of the brownies if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies have formed a thick top but are still chewy and soft in the middle. Enjoy!
Macros per brownie (makes 12):
Calories: 189. Fat: 11.6g. Protein: 9.2g. Net carbs: 6.1g.