Need a recipe to FALL in love with? The perfect combination of spicy pumpkin and cream cheese are married together in a bite-sized muffin with 7g of protein. It’s the treat you’ve been waiting for.
Yields: 20 servings
Serving Size: 1 muffin
Prep Time: 20 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 50 min
- ½ cup Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin-pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 20 pumpkin seeds
- In a medium bowl, mix Quest Protein Powder™, almond flour, sweetener, pumpkin-pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a second medium bowl, mix pumpkin purée, applesauce, egg, egg white, and vanilla extract.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, and whisk until completely combined.
- In a medium bowl, add Quest Protein Powder™, cream cheese, sour cream, sweetener, and vanilla extract.
- With a hand-mixer, mix on medium speed until thick and fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a mini muffin tray with 20 parchment liners. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Fill liners with batter ¾ full.
- In a sealable plastic bag, add frosting, and cut corner for piping.
- Insert tip of piping bag halfway into center of each muffin and pipe cream cheese filling until it reaches the top of muffin.
- Place muffin tray in oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool muffins for 15 minutes.
- Once muffins have cooled, pipe remaining frosting on top. Finish with one pumpkin seed, and serve.
Net Carbs: 3g (2 sugar grams)
Total Carbs: 12g