NUTRITIONAL INFO (Maple Bacon Donuts)
Yields: 13 donuts | Serving Size: 1 donut
Calories: 253 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 15g | Net Carb: 15g (1g sugar)
Fiber: 4g | Total Carb: 19g | P/CAL: 21%
Prep Time: 1hr 30 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 1 hr 40 min
- 1 ½ scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 2 tablespoons warm water (105°F to 115°F)
- 1 envelope yeast
- 11 tablespoons whole milk (lukewarm)
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 ½ tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup coconut oil (for frying)
MAPLE BACON GLAZE
- 2 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- ¾ cup zero calorie sweetener (powdered)
- ½ cup sugar-free maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- 8 slices bacon
- Sprinkle the yeast over the warm water, and let stand for 5 minutes, or until foamy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yeast mixture, milk, applesauce, salt, eggs, and butter.
- Add Quest Protein Powder®, almond meal, coconut flour and 1 cup of the oat flour. Mix for a few minutes stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Mix in 1 tablespoons of oat flour, until the dough no longer sticks to the bowl. Knead for about 5 minutes, or until smooth.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, and cover. Set in a warm place to rise (about 30 minutes).
- Sprinkle a remaining 1 tablespoon of oat flour onto the surface where dough will be rolled out.
- Gently roll out dough to 1/2 inch thickness. Cut with a floured doughnut cutter. Let doughnuts sit out to rise again (about 30 minutes). Cover loosely with a cloth.
- Stir together powdered zero calorie sweetener, sugar-free maple syrup, Quest Protein Powder® and maple extract until smooth. Set aside.
- Cook bacon at 400°F for 15 or until crispy. When bacon is cooled crumble the bacon and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a small sauce pan to 350°F (175°C). Slide doughnuts into the hot oil using a wide spatula. Cook for 1 minute 30 seconds turning doughnuts over half way through. Fry donuts on each side until golden brown.
- Remove from hot oil, to drain on a wire rack.
- Dip donuts into the maple glaze while still hot, top with bacon crumbles and set onto wire racks to drain off excess.