Baking sweet treats is a holiday tradition, and this is one that’s fun for the whole family. Cookies? Check. Fun decorating opportunities for the kiddos? Check. Enjoying the treats of your labor? Double Check. All you have to do is set aside some time with family to make it a deliciously sweet evening of treat making.
Check out the full recipe below:
Yields: 12 Servings | Serving Size: 1 brownie
Calories: 160 | Protein: 9g | Fat: 8g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 12g
Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: ~16 mins | Total Time: 1hr (includes cool time)
REINDEER BROWNIES ANTLERS ICING
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper both ways for easy removal
- Place the chocolate and peanut butter into a microwave safe bowl and cook for 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add in the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth and then set aside.
- Place the cookie into a nutribullet or blender and blend until fine crumbles form and then transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add in the almond flour, protein powder, cocoa powder and zero cal sweetener and stir until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until a dough forms.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan and bake for 13-14 minutes.
- Don’t overbake or your brownies will be dry!
- Once the brownies have cooled, cut them into 12 bars.
- Melt one tablespoon of chocolate in the microwave for 10 second increments, stirring between each session until smooth.
- Use a toothpick to transfer chocolate to the bottom of each “itty bitty” pretzel and press them into the brownies as reindeer antlers.
- In a bowl, stir together the powdered erythritol and almond milk until icing forms.
- Separate half of the icing and drop 1-2 drops of red food coloring in.
- Pipe the eyes and red nose on each reindeer.
- Use the remaining melted chocolate to finish the eyes and serve!