WE’VE GOT SOMETHING SWEET HIDDEN UP OUR SLEEVE — THE BEYOND CEREAL BAR
AND IT’S GOING TO TRANSFORM YOUR CHICKEN…
…INTO A SWEET-BREADED…
BAKED TO PERFECTION…
…TASTE TICKET TO FLAVOR CITY!
GRAB YOUR FORK AND KNIFE AND CUT INTO THE FULL RECIPE BELOW!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
CHICKEN & WAFFLES
Yields: 2 servings | Serving Size: 1 cutlet
Calories: 255 | Protein: 35g | Fat: 13g | Net Carb: 5g (4g sugar)
Total Carbs: 8g | Fiber: 6g | P/CAL: 27%
Prep Time : 10 min | Cook Time: 25 min | Total Time: 40 mins
2 (3-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken cutlets
1 teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/4 cup egg white
- Using a paper towel, pat each chicken cutlet completely dry.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic powder and salt, and sprinkle over both sides of each chicken breast. Set aside.
- Break Cereal Bar® into small pieces and add pieces to a mini-blender and process into fine crumbs.
- In a small mixing bowl add Beyond Cereal Bar® crumbs.
Dredge & Egg Wash:
- Add Quest Protein Powder™ to a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Dredge each chicken cutlet in Quest Protein Powder™ then dip in egg wash.
- Coat each piece with Cereal Bar® crumbs, covering each side well.
- In a large frying pan, heat coconut oil on low-medium for about 5 minutes.
- Place both breaded chicken cutlets in pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Carefully remove cutlets from pan, and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from oven, and serve immediately.