Turns out you don’t have to go the fair or carnival and be bombarded with all kinds of deep fried foods to get your churro fix. With our Dipped S’mores Churros you can create your own! There are a couple things you’ll need to make them truly authentic (like a star attachment for a piping bag) and there a quite a few steps, but trust us, it’s worth it. See?
Check out the full recipe below:
DIPPED S’MORES CHURROS
Yields: 20 Servings | Serving Size: 1 churro
Calories: 120 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 8.5g | Net Carb: 4g
Total Carb: 8g
Prep Time: 20 | Cook Time: 10-12 | Total Time: ~ 35-40 minutes
DIPPED S’MORES CHURROS Coating Chocolate
DIPPED S’MORES CHURROS
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the Quest Bar into small pieces and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake pieces for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool completely before placing them into a nutribullet or food processor and blending until small crumbles form.
- Transfer the crumbles to a bowl and set them aside.
- In another bowl stir together the almond flour, protein powder and salt. Set aside.
- Place the butter and water into a small pot over low-medium heat until the butter melts completely. Remove from heat and add in the dry mixture.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir until a dough forms. The dough will be on the dryer side.
- Add in the eggs one at a time whisking between each until smooth. Let the batter cool slightly for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the coconut oil in a deep bottom-heavy pot over low heat.
- Transfer the batter to a piping bag with a star attachment.
- Pipe about 3″ of the batter directly into the hot oil. Repeat this two more times.
- Let the churro cook in the oil for about 30 seconds before flipping it and cook the other side for an additional 10-15 seconds.
- Remove the churros and place them on a paper towel. Repeat this process until you have used all the batter.
- Place the coating ingredients into a mixing bowl. Toss each churro in coating.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in a microwave safe bowl until smooth.
- Dip each churro in the chocolate, letting the excess drip and then dip the churro into the S’mores crumbles.
- Now you can enjoy!