Don’t Go Without Dessert This Holiday Season, Enjoy This Peppermint Chocolate Cake Instead!
The holidays, where everyone is eating everything in sight. Meat, potatoes, pies, cakes, cookies, it’s all there, and it’s all drawing you in with its holiday allure. Have your cake and eat it too with our Peppermint Chocolate Cake recipe! Each slice of cake has 6g net carbs, so you can definitely enjoy seconds and possibly thirds. Don’t take our word for it, check out the full recipe below and gift yourself this season.
PEPPERMINT CHOCOLATE CAKE
Yields: 9 Servings | Serving Size: 1 slice of cake
Calories: 200 | Protein: 12g | Fat: 10g | Net Carb: 6g
Total Carb: 11g
Prep Time: 15-20 mins | Cook Time: 14-16 mins | Total Time: ~45 mins includes cool time
FOR THE CRUST FROSTING
FOR THE CRUST
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a 6×6 inch pan with non-stick spray and parchment paper for easier removal.
- Cut the bar into small pieces and place them into a food processor and blend until small crumbles form.
- Transfer crumbles to a mixing bowl and add in the almond flour, protein powder, sweetener, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and stir until combined.
- In another bowl whisk together the applesauce, eggs, butter and almond milk until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and stir until a batter forms.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake for 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Use a handheld mixer to blend together the ricotta cheese and protein powder.
- Frost the cake and top with peppermint candy pieces and cut into 9 squares.