Invite Some Friends Over and Make These Red Velvet Protein Cake Pops Tonight
DOES WAITING FOR A RED VELVET QUEST BAR MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE THIS?
WE UNDERSTAND. SO WE GOT THE BALL ROLLING ON THE NEXT BEST THING.
AND DIVE INTO YOUR NEXT FAVORITE QUEST RECIPE…
THAT’S SURE TO BE A HIT.
WATCH THE FULL VIDEO TO INVITE SOME RED VELVET LOVE INTO YOUR LIFE:
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
RED VELVET CAKE POPS
Yields: 18 servings | Serving Size: 1 cake pop (48g)
Calories: 110 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Net Carb: 2g (1g sugar)
Fiber: 4g | P/CAL: 25%
Prep Time : 30 min | Cook Time: 28 min | Total Time: 1hr 30min
1 Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar®
½ cup Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
½ cup almond meal
1½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
3 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ tablespoon red food coloring
Nonstick cooking spray
1 scoop Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
3½ ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces sugar-free milk or dark chocolate
18 lollipop sticks
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, heat unwrapped Quest Bar® for 10 seconds.
3. Using a rolling pin, roll the bar out to ¼-inch thickness.
4. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes, or until bar is lightly crisped. Remove and let cool.
5. Break the crisped bar into pieces, place in a mini-blender, and process into a powder.
6. In a medium mixing bowl, add Quest Protein Powder®, the powdered Quest Bar®, almond meal, cocoa powder, sweetener, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
7. Add almond milk, vanilla extract, and red food coloring. Mix cake batter until fully incorporated and dark red in color.
8. Coat a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray. Pour in batter.
9. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and cake is completely cooked and springy.
10. Remove and let cool.
11. Break the cake into small pieces, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- In a medium bowl, mix Quest Protein Powder®, cream cheese, sweetener, sour cream, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add frosting to crumbled cake, and mix together until frosting is incorporated.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and roll small amounts of cake batter into walnut-sized balls. Return to freezer for 10 minutes.
- Break chocolate into small even pieces. Melt slowly in a double boiler, or in a dry bowl that fits snuggly over a pot. (Water should not touch the upper pot or bowl. Before placing on top, simmer water in bottom pot on low heat, then turn off heat and place the dry pot or bowl with chocolate on top. Stir when chocolate starts to melt, until chocolate is shiny and smooth.)
- Once chocolate is ready, remove balls from freezer. Re-roll with hands to make them even smoother. Using a fork, carefully submerge each ball into the melted chocolate and tap edge of pot or bowl to remove excess. Place each ball on wax paper.
- Insert lollipop sticks and chill for about 10 minutes in freezer, or until chocolate hardens and creates a shell.