Like You Need Another Reason to Celebrate: It’s Birthday Cake Whoopie Pie Time!
If you can believe it, birthday cake is a surprisingly popular Quest Bar flavor! So it’s that’s that hard to believe, but what is hard to believe is how amazing these Birthday Whoopie Pies taste! Okay, maybe it’s not that hard to believe. Just look at that picture above…
Enough drooling, watch the video and learn how to make this super-simple, even-more-super-delicious dessert.
BIRTHDAY CAKE WHOOPIE PIES
Yields: 18 servings | Serving Size: 1 Assembled Pie
Calories: 130 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 7g | Net Carb: 4g
Prep Time: 20 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Total Time: 1hr (cool time)
- 1 Birthday Cake Quest Bar
- 5 Scoops Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup apple sauce
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons butter; melted
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons birthday sprinkles
- 1 scoop quest vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon zero calorie sweetener
- 1 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Break birthday Quest Bar into small pieces and add them to a mini-blender and process into fine crumbs.
- In a medium bowl, add Quest Bar crumbs, Quest Protein Powder, almond flour, sweetener, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Add to bowl, apple sauce, water, butter, egg, vanilla extract and whisk until completely combined. Fold in sprinkles .
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out 12 balls and drop them onto the baking sheet making sure to leave about an inch between each scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Repeat steps 5 and 6 two more times.
* NOTE: If you only want to make one tray, cut all ingredient needs by 1/3.
- In a medium bowl, add Quest Protein Powder™, sweetener, and whipped cream cheese.
- With a hand-mixer, mix on medium speed until smooth.
Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the filling and place on the bottoms of 6 of the birthday whoopee pies. Use the top half to cover, then enjoy!