Churro, Row, Row Your Boat…Gently Down The Flavor Stream
NUTRITIONAL INFO (VANILLA ICE CREAM)
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 scoop
Calories: 103 | Protein: 11g | Fat: 4g | Net Carb: 8g
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3 hr
NUTRITIONAL INFO (CHOCOLATE SPREAD)
Yields: 2 cups | Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Calories: 37 | Protein: 5g | Fat: 1g | Net Carb: 2g
Prep Time: 3 min | Cook Time: N/A | Total Time: 3 min
NUTRITIONAL INFO (CHURRO WAFFLE)
Yields: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1/4 waffle
Calories: 110 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 7g | Net Carb: 6g (0g sugar)
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 5 min | Total Time: 15 min
VANILLA ICE CREAM
1 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
2 cup 2% milk
½ vanilla bean pod
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
1 egg yolk
1 scoop Quest® Chocolate Milkshake Protein Powder
½ cup fat free greek yogurt
¼ cup light sour cream
½ cup zero calorie sweetener (powdered)
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¼ cup water
1 scoop Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
1 cup water
4 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup oat flour
¼ cup almond meal
2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 teaspoons zero calorie sweetener
VANILLA ICE CREAM
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice cubes and some water. Place another, smaller bowl on top of the water, and place a strainer inside. Keep this close by while you make the ice cream base.
- In a mini blender process the sweetener into a powder. Separate the yolk from the egg. Combine the yolks and the sweetener in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and mixture resembles a pale lemon-yellow color.
- In a small pot, add milk with the vanilla (pod and seeds) and bring to a simmer.
- Remove simmered milk from stove and slowly pour about ¼ cup into the egg-sweetener mixture while whisking. This warms the eggs and prevents them from curdling in the next step.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into pot and heat on low-medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent yolk from scrambling.
- Cook until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of the spatula and registers 170°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Strain the ice cream base into the bowl of the ice water bath which will remove the vanilla pod and any bits of egg that may have accidentally curdled.
- Leave the ice cream base over the ice water bath, stirring occasionally, until it’s completely chilled. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, whisk in the Quest® Protein Powder and pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and let churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an air tight container, covering the top with parchment to ensure no ice crystals form on top, and freeze for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve immediately.
- Stir together all ingredients until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Heat in microwave in 15 second intervals to get the chocolate spread to desired temperature.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine water, Quest Bar®, salt and butter. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
- In a mini blender, blend Quest Protein Powder®, oat flour and almond flour.
- Stir in flour mixture into pot until a ball forms.
- Add in eggs one at a time until mixture is smooth
- Place ⅓ of the batter into the waffle iron.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Mix together the cinnamon and sweetener.
- Remove from waffle iron.
- When churros are cool enough to handle roll in the cinnamon and sweetener mixture