Tired of the same old waffles? Here’s a delicious, high-protein recipe from Bermare for Quest Chocolate Chunk Waffles. This makes a perfect breakfast meal!
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 egg white
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp sweetener (e.g. Stevia/Splenda)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp butter extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- sugar-free syrup/chocolate sauce
- 1 Double Chocolate Chunk Quest Bar
- 1 scoop of protein powder (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients except the quest bar until smooth. I put protein powder on mine which made the batter thicker so I added more almond milk.
2. Cut half of the Quest Bar into small pieces and add to the batter.
3. Spray waffle iron with cooking oil (so it comes out easy) and cook.
4. While the waffle is cooking cut the other half of the Quest Bar into three pieces, flatten them into a cookie shape and put them in the toaster oven for about 5-8 minutes.
5. Once your waffle is done drizzle syrup/chocolate sauce over it (I used walden farms brand) and then add the Quest “cookies” from the toaster oven and enjoy!
Nutritionals: Calories: 320. Fat 7g. Active Carbs: 25g (20g fiber, 2g sugar) Protein 28g.
You can find Bermare at: