Who gets to try out new protein-packed recipes while sitting at their desks? Quest employees, that’s who! And this week, the team went prehistoric on a fresh-baked batch of Chocolate Pastry Pockets! Were they any good? Only one way to find out:
Here’s how to make some chocolate-packed pastry pockets:
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
CHOCOLATE PASTRY POCKET
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 1 puff pastry
Calories: 187 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 9g (0.5g sugar)
Fiber: 2g | P/CAL: 22%
Prep Time : 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min
¼ cup oat flour (25g)
2 tablespoons erythritol
3 tablespoons butter (42g)
1 ½ tablespoons water
2 tablespoons cashew butter
1 table spoon sugar free chocolate chips
6 tablespoons water
½ cup powdered sweetener
- In a medium bowl, whisk together Quest Protein Powders™, oat flour, and erythritol.
- Add butter and use a fork to cut the butter into the dry mix.
- When butter is completely combined into the mix, add water and mix until a ball of dough is formed.
- Place in freezer for 10-20 minutes.
- Coat a pie pan with cooking spray.
- Remove from freezer and roll dough to about ⅛ inch thin or slightly thinner.
- Place in freezer for another 5-10 minutes.
- Cut dough into 10 2-2½ inch squares. Set aside in freezer.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips in microwave for 5 second intervals until melted and smooth
- Add cashew butter to melted chocolate.
- In two small bowls whisk both ½ scoops of Quest Protein Powders™ each with ¼ cup of powdered sweetener and 3 tablespoons of water until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lay out 5 of the dough squares onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place a heaping ½ tablespoon of filling onto the 5 squares.
- Place the leftover 5 dough squares onto each square, covering the filling and slightly pinching the edges with your fingers.
- With the back of a fork, press down on all four sides of the square dough until each side is crimped.
- Place in oven and bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown..
- Once removed from oven, drizzle with both frosting.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.