That’s really bomb, actually.
You know you’re in for a treat when a Quest employee says something tastes good, “actually” — lets you know they’re telling the straight up truth — and these Mozzarella Sticks are truly delicious:
GET IN ON THE CHEESY PROTEIN GOODNESS WITH THE FULL RECIPE BELOW:
NUTRITIONAL INFO (RECIPE CREATED BY JOE CASTRO)
ROCKY ROAD MILKSHAKE
Yields: 5 servings | Serving Size: 2 Sticks
Calories: 150 | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Net Carb: 3g (0g sugar)
Fiber: 0g | P/CAL: 35%
Prep Time : 15 min | Cook Time: 10 min | Total Time: 25 min
5 mozzarella cheese sticks
1 tablespoon almond meal
½ teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch of salt
⅓ cup liquid egg whites
½ cup coconut oil
- For best results, freeze cheese sticks overnight.
- In a blender, add Quest Protein Chips™ and pulse 30 seconds.
- In a medium bowl, mix Quest Protein Powder®, almond meal, cornstarch, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and powdered Quest Protein Chips™. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk egg whites. Set aside.
- Remove cheese sticks from freezer, and unwrap.
- Using a sharp knife, cut cheese sticks in half.
- Dip each half cheese stick in egg whites, then in bowl of dry ingredients. Coat thoroughly.
- Double coat cheese sticks by repeating Step 7.
- Repeat coating process with remaining cheese sticks.
- In a medium frying pan, heat coconut oil over medium-high.
- Using a cooking thermometer, heat oil to 325°F. If oil begins to smoke, it’s too hot.
- Carefully drop coated cheese sticks in oil.
- Slowly move cheese sticks around in oil until golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove cheese sticks from pan, and place on a paper towel to absorb excess oil.
- Cool for 5 minutes, and serve.