A Quest Pasta Burger…say what!? In honor of National Pasta Day, here’s a #CheatClean version of the trendy street food using Quest Pasta. Recipe by Hanna Skytta.
Note: The only challenge with making a ramen burger out of Quest Pasta is the pasta doesn’t contain starch. it won’t make a burger without addition of some starch into the mixture. So even though you would not normally put corn starch or coconut flour into ramen burgers, in this case it is a must.
1. Cook the Quest Pasta according to the instructions in the package.
2. Let cool slightly and pat dry with clean kitchen towel.
3. Meanwhile, mix together corn starch and coconut flour and spices of your choice in a medium bowl.
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and mix so that the yolk and whites get combined. Set aside.
4. Once the noodles have cooled, cut them bit shorter (you can leave the noodles whole, however, it is easier to eat the hamburgers if you pre-cut them a bit) and add them to flour-spice mixture and gently mix until completely combined.
5. To form the buns line any small round-bottomed dish with plastic food wrap. I used small disposable baking tins, but coffee cups or bowls without much taper also work well.
6. Line the containers with plastic food wrap and scoop in 1/4 of noodles, then pour some eggs mixture over, fold the plastic wrap over the noodles. Put a weight (a glass jar or something) on top of them to weigh them down. The added weight from the jar will compress the noodles and help them keep a puck-like shape.
7. Place the noodles with theirs weights into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Add a little bit of coconut oil on frying pan and heat up. Then invert your noodle container into the frying pan. Let noodles cook for about 2 minutes and then carefully flip with a spatula.
8. Allow your noodles to cook the egg completely and get a nice golden brown colour.
It is a little bit tricky to get eel-shaped noodle burgers, as they break apart easily. But practise with patience and your will get finally nice-shaped burgers <3
9. Fill with your favorite fillings like organic beef burger, avocado, lettuce, tomato and hamburger sauce.
Macros per serving (Quest Burger only, does not include fillings or beef):
We contend that the cinnamon roll has gotten a bad name. Now Quest is here to fully redeem it with these Cinnamon Roll Protein Muffins. Get yourself some Quest Cinnamon Crunch flavor Protein Powder, and try this recipe for muffins you’ll be thinking about all day. Check out the full […]
“Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day? Thou art more lovely and more temperate.” That’s Shakespeare, folks. Was the Bard thinking of Questified conversation heart pops when he wrote that? Perhaps we’ll never know. Instead of worrying about it, why not whip up a batch for someone you love. […]
If you’re hosting an event at which friends and family will gather to watch a certain athletic contest, definitely try out this extremely Questified take on onion rings. It’s a crowd-pleaser team up featuring Quest Chili Lime flavor Protein Chips and, we presume, several onions. Check out the full recipe […]