A Quest Pasta Burger…say what!? In honor of National Pasta Day, here’s a #CheatClean version of the trendy street food using Quest Pasta. Recipe by Hanna Skytta.
Note: The only challenge with making a ramen burger out of Quest Pasta is the pasta doesn’t contain starch. it won’t make a burger without addition of some starch into the mixture. So even though you would not normally put corn starch or coconut flour into ramen burgers, in this case it is a must.
1. Cook the Quest Pasta according to the instructions in the package.
2. Let cool slightly and pat dry with clean kitchen towel.
3. Meanwhile, mix together corn starch and coconut flour and spices of your choice in a medium bowl.
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and mix so that the yolk and whites get combined. Set aside.
4. Once the noodles have cooled, cut them bit shorter (you can leave the noodles whole, however, it is easier to eat the hamburgers if you pre-cut them a bit) and add them to flour-spice mixture and gently mix until completely combined.
5. To form the buns line any small round-bottomed dish with plastic food wrap. I used small disposable baking tins, but coffee cups or bowls without much taper also work well.
6. Line the containers with plastic food wrap and scoop in 1/4 of noodles, then pour some eggs mixture over, fold the plastic wrap over the noodles. Put a weight (a glass jar or something) on top of them to weigh them down. The added weight from the jar will compress the noodles and help them keep a puck-like shape.
7. Place the noodles with theirs weights into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Add a little bit of coconut oil on frying pan and heat up. Then invert your noodle container into the frying pan. Let noodles cook for about 2 minutes and then carefully flip with a spatula.
8. Allow your noodles to cook the egg completely and get a nice golden brown colour.
It is a little bit tricky to get eel-shaped noodle burgers, as they break apart easily. But practise with patience and your will get finally nice-shaped burgers <3
9. Fill with your favorite fillings like organic beef burger, avocado, lettuce, tomato and hamburger sauce.
Macros per serving (Quest Burger only, does not include fillings or beef):
Have you noticed, Quest Protein Bar Minis are everywhere!? At least that’s hot it seems. Over in the Quest Test Kitchen they’ve definitely got Quest Bar Minis on the brain. Not that we’re complaining. It’s like those mad geniuses have had a huge breakthrough when it comes to Questification. This […]
The donut. The Quest Test Kitchen has surely met their match. How, we ask, does one Questify a donut? Well, maybe we shouldn’t have made such a big deal about donuts, because it took them like 20 minutes to come up with this pretty tasty recipe. The Quest Test Kitchen […]
Here at the Quest Blog, we can’t get enough of a good thing. Which is why we got on the phone to the Quest Test Kitchen and insisted that they come up with a way for us to enjoy our favorite seasonal cookies whenever we want them. Behold: Questified Island […]