A Quest Pasta Burger…say what!? In honor of National Pasta Day, here’s a #CheatClean version of the trendy street food using Quest Pasta. Recipe by Hanna Skytta.
Note: The only challenge with making a ramen burger out of Quest Pasta is the pasta doesn’t contain starch. it won’t make a burger without addition of some starch into the mixture. So even though you would not normally put corn starch or coconut flour into ramen burgers, in this case it is a must.
1. Cook the Quest Pasta according to the instructions in the package.
2. Let cool slightly and pat dry with clean kitchen towel.
3. Meanwhile, mix together corn starch and coconut flour and spices of your choice in a medium bowl.
3. Crack the eggs into a small bowl and mix so that the yolk and whites get combined. Set aside.
4. Once the noodles have cooled, cut them bit shorter (you can leave the noodles whole, however, it is easier to eat the hamburgers if you pre-cut them a bit) and add them to flour-spice mixture and gently mix until completely combined.
5. To form the buns line any small round-bottomed dish with plastic food wrap. I used small disposable baking tins, but coffee cups or bowls without much taper also work well.
6. Line the containers with plastic food wrap and scoop in 1/4 of noodles, then pour some eggs mixture over, fold the plastic wrap over the noodles. Put a weight (a glass jar or something) on top of them to weigh them down. The added weight from the jar will compress the noodles and help them keep a puck-like shape.
7. Place the noodles with theirs weights into the fridge for about 30 minutes.
Add a little bit of coconut oil on frying pan and heat up. Then invert your noodle container into the frying pan. Let noodles cook for about 2 minutes and then carefully flip with a spatula.
8. Allow your noodles to cook the egg completely and get a nice golden brown colour.
It is a little bit tricky to get eel-shaped noodle burgers, as they break apart easily. But practise with patience and your will get finally nice-shaped burgers <3
9. Fill with your favorite fillings like organic beef burger, avocado, lettuce, tomato and hamburger sauce.
Macros per serving (Quest Burger only, does not include fillings or beef):
Check out these easy and delicious recipes + hacks using the Quest Shakes! Questified Salted Caramel Cold Brew Yields: 3 Servings | Serving Size: 1 glass Calories: 120 | Protein: 10g | Fat: 9g | Net Carbs: 1g Total Carb: 2g Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 6 | Total Time: ~ 20 minutes Place the heavy whipping cream and stevia into a mixing bowl and […]
As you’ve probably guessed by now, we’ve really been enjoying these cool Quest summer recipes. The gang at the Quest Test Kitchen is finishing strong this month with a Questified Chocolate Strawberry Shortcake recipe that features Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder and a Quest Chocolate Frosted Cookie. Check out the […]
At the Quest Blog, we’re already hot just thinking about summer, so it was a nice surprise to find out those heroes in the Quest Test Kitchen were working on something called an Icebox Cake. We started cooling down just thinking about a cool treat for summer featuring not one […]