There are so many ways to show appreciation for the planet today. If you can’t support a local cause or call your congressperson to support the Green New Deal, take some time to enjoy the fruits of the earth by making these Smoothie Bowls! Real blueberries and real bananas that come from the real planet should be a good reminder of how much the Earth gives and asks nothing in return. Real talk: appreciate the planet and appreciate this day.
EARTH DAY SMOOTHIE BOWLS
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 bowl
Calories: 190 | Protein: 14g | Fat: 4.5g | Net Carb: 19g
Total Carb: 27g
Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 5 minutes | Total Time: 25 mins (to cook through all batter)
BLUE SMOOTHIE PORTION GREEN SMOOTHIE PORTION
BLUE SMOOTHIE PORTION
GREEN SMOOTHIE PORTION
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Break the Blueberry Muffin bar in to small pieces and place them on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool
- Once cooled, place the bar in a food processor or blender and blend until it’s in powder form.
- Add the remaining ingredients for the blue smoothie and blend until smooth (if your blender is having a hard time blending, scrape the sides and add another 2 tablespoon of milk)
- Remove from blender and set aside.
- Rinse blender and add the green layer ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Alternate pouring the blue smoothie and green smoothie between four small bowls and use a spoon to swirl them together if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!