Sorry, We May Have Ruined Regular Old Popcorn Forever With Our Questified Peanut Butter Popcorn
Popcorn is debatably one of the best snacks ever discovered. It’s light and crunchy — it’s easy to make, and most people enjoy it while enjoying an entertaining movie or TV show. But then you’ve got some carb detractors who swear off popcorn altogether. Don’t be one of those folks! Make this super simple, utterly delicious peanut butter popcorn using your favorite Quest protein cookie today! Check out the full recipe and make your next chill movie night a little bit tastier.
PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN
Yields: 14 servings | Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: 160 | Protein: 7g | Fat: 10g | Net Carb: 5g
Total Carb: 10g
Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
*NOTE: This recipe calls for popping your popcorn in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. If you’d prefer, a bagged popcorn of your choice will also work. We recommend non-buttered popcorn.
- preheat a large pot with a tight fitting lid over low heat.
- Add the popcorn kernels and close the lid.
- gently shake the pot every 4-5 minutes until kernels start to pop (about 2 minutes)
- Continue shaking the pot until all the kernels have popped.
- Transform popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the peanut butter and coconut oil together for 15 seconds.
- Place the zero cal sweetener in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Stir until it starts to liquify and then add it to the coconut and peanut butter mixture.
- Stir until smooth.
- Drizzle half the peanut butter mixture over the popcorn and toss to coat.
- Pour the remaining peanut butter mixture and continue tossing until evenly distributed.
- Cut the Quest protein cookies into small crumbles and toss into the popcorn.