NUTRITIONAL INFO (COOKIE DOUGH ICE CREAM TACO)
Yields: 20 servings | Serving Size: 1 mini taco
Calories: 70 | Protein: 6g | Fat: 4g | Net Carb: 3g
Fiber: 1g | Total Carb: 4g | P/CAL: 35%
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3 hours
VANILLA ICE CREAM
2 cup 2% milk
½ vanilla bean pod
¼ cup zero-calorie sweetener
1 egg yolk
4 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons zero-calorie sweetener
⅛ teaspoon maple extract
⅛ teaspoon butter extract
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon oat flour
2 tablespoons almond milk
1 tablespoons sugar free chocolate chips
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice cubes and some water. Place another, smaller bowl on top of the water, and place a strainer inside. Keep this close by while you make the ice cream base.
- In a mini blender process the sweetener into a powder. Separate the yolk from the egg. Combine the yolks and the sweetener in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and mixture resembles a pale lemon-yellow color.
- In a small pot, add milk with the vanilla (pod and seeds) and bring to a simmer.
- Remove simmered milk from stove and slowly pour about ¼ cup into the egg-sweetener mixture while whisking. This warms the eggs and prevents them from curdling in the next step.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into pot and heat on low-medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent yolk from scrambling.
- Cook until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of the spatula and registers 170°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Strain the ice cream base into the bowl of the ice water bath which will remove the vanilla pod and any bits of egg that may have accidentally curdled.
- Leave the ice cream base over the ice water bath, stirring occasionally, until it’s completely chilled. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, whisk in the Quest® Protein Powder and set aside.
- In a mini blender, process the sweetener into a powder.
- Cream the butter in a mixer until soft and fluffy.
- Add the powdered sweetener and mix.
- Add both extracts and salt and mix.
- Add Quest® Protein Powder and oat flour and mix.
- Add unsweetened almond milk.
- Add sugar-free chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
- Heat a waffle cone iron to medium-high.
- In a mini blender, blend Quest Bar® into a powder and place in a bowl.
- Add all ingredients and mix until combined.
- Coat waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place ½ tablespoon of batter into center of waffle iron.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until golden brown.
- Immediately remove and shape the waffle around a cylinder such as a small rolling pin. Let harden 15 seconds.
- Remove and place aside for cone to set.
- If taco shell is still too soft. Bake in the oven at 350°F for 4 minutes on rolling pin.
- Pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker followed by spoonfuls of the cookie dough mixture and let churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an air tight container, covering the top with parchment to ensure no ice crystals form on top, and freeze for about 2-3 hours.
- Once ice cream is ready, scoop ice cream, with a small ice cream scooper, into each taco shell.