This is the Last Birthday Cake Recipe You’ll Need for the Protein Lover in Your Life
IN CASE YOU HADN’T HEARD, WE FINALLY RELEASED THE BIRTHDAY CAKE QUESTBAR!
WE’RE GOING TO LET YOU GET RIGHT INTO THE RECIPE, BECAUSE IT’S DELICIOUS ANY WAY YOU SLICE IT.
IT DOESN’T HAVE TO BE YOUR BIRTHDAY TO FEED YOUR B-DAY CAKE CRAVINGS, CHECK OUT THE FULL RECIPE AND CELEBRATE JUST BECAUSE!
PROTEIN BIRTHDAY CAKE
Yields: 12 slices | Serving Size: 1 slice
Calories: 180 | Protein: 18g | Fat: 9g | Net Carb: 5g
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 1hr 30 min
- 1½ scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 cup zero-calorie sweetener
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 1 cup egg whites
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Birthday Cake QuestBar®, cut into 24 small pieces
- 2 scoops Quest® Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
- 1 Birthday Cake QuestBar®
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup low fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup zero calorie sweetener
- Sprinkles (1/2 cup or as needed)
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Add all ingredients into a medium mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Line the bottom of two 9×13 cake pans with parchment paper.
- Spray a thin coating of non-stick spray on the parchment paper.
- Evenly distribute the bowl of cake batter between to two cake pans.
- Bake for 28 minutes.
- Cool for 30 minutes
- In a microwave safe bowl add heavy cream, Quest Bar and sweetener. Microwave for 45 seconds.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a medium mixing bowl.
- Remove each cake from cake pan.
- Begin by spreading icing evenly over one cake.
- Place the second cake on top of the filling.
- Spread icing over the top of the second cake and around the sides of both cakes until everything is covered.
- Add sprinkles evenly over whole cake.
- Slice into 12 even pieces.