NUTRITIONAL INFO (VANILLA ICE CREAM SUNDAE)
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 scoop of ice cream and 1.5 cookies
Calories: 268 | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Net Carb: 7g (1g sugar)
Prep Time: 30 min | Cook Time: 20 min | Total Time: 3 hrs
VANILLA ICE CREAM
4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 vanilla bean pod
½ up zero-calorie sweetener
2 egg yolk
2 tablespoons fat free greek yogurt
1 tablespoon light sour cream
2 tablespoons zero calorie sweetener (powdered)
1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon water
VANILLA ICE CREAM
- Prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with ice cubes and some water. Place another, smaller bowl on top of the water, and place a strainer inside. Keep this close by while you make the ice cream base.
- In a mini blender process the sweetener into a powder. Separate the yolk from the egg. Combine the yolks and the sweetener in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and mixture resembles a pale lemon-yellow color.
- In a small pot, add milk with the vanilla (pod and seeds) and bring to a simmer.
- Remove simmered milk from stove and slowly pour about ¼ cup into the egg-sweetener mixture while whisking. This warms the eggs and prevents them from curdling in the next step.
- Pour milk and egg yolk mixture back into pot and heat on low-medium heat, stirring frequently to prevent yolk from scrambling.
- Cook until the base has thickened enough to coat the back of the spatula and registers 170°F with an instant-read thermometer.
- Strain the ice cream base into the bowl of the ice water bath which will remove the vanilla pod and any bits of egg that may have accidentally curdled.
- Leave the ice cream base over the ice water bath, stirring occasionally, until it’s completely chilled. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Once chilled, whisk in the Quest® Protein Powder and pour ice cream mixture into an ice cream maker and let churn for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from machine, place in an air tight container, covering the top with parchment to ensure no ice crystals form on top, and freeze for about 2-3 hours.
- Serve immediately.
- Stir together all ingredients until a smooth mixture is formed.
- Heat in microwave in 15 second intervals to get the chocolate spread to desired temperature.
- Cut Quest Bars® in half and shape into cookies.
- Bake cookies at 350°F for 4 minutes. Let cool